Marseille is one of Europe’s oldest cities, as well as one of the most vibrant. Since its inception in 600BC, it has thrived on change and the influx of the new, becoming a truly global melting pot.
You cannot stop yourself from falling in love with Marseille. The sea-salty breeze fills the air as you stroll around the ancient port, numerous museums, gorgeous old buildings, and apparently infinite excellent eateries makes Marseille one of the best places to visit. And what’s the cherry on the cake? Your trip to Marseille can be done within your budget.
The best places to stay in Marseille reflect this diversity, with accommodations ranging from budget-friendly to five-star grandeur. Here are some of the cheap hotels that don’t skimp on comfort, cleanliness, amenities, or location if you want to make the most of your vacation to Marseille. Yes, you can have everything in these hotels.
Hotel Life Marseille-Vieux Port
The Hôtel Life Marseille VP – Vieux Port is housed in an 18th-century stone structure in Marseille’s city center, directly across from the Vieux Port. The Musée des Docks Romains is a 1-minute walk, the Opéra de Marseille is a 3-minute walk, and the Cantini Museum is a 6-minute walk from this elegant hotel. The beach is around an 18-minute walk from this home. It has recently been restored and now has accommodations with spectacular views of the harbor. The hotel crew will greet you in a relaxed setting that will make you smile. It is a one-of-a-kind decoration, a gathering place for life and sharing.
- The 39 attractively immersed in the living cosmos in clean and contemporary decorated rooms provide all of the necessary amenities.
- Modern rooms are sound-proofed and provide air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, and flat-screen TVs, as well as en suite bathrooms with either showers or tubs.
- A TV lounge is also available.
- Balconies and/or views of the port are available in upgraded rooms. Additional space is provided via family rooms.
- A breakfast buffet is served in a comfortable, colorful dining area.
35 Quai Des Belges, 13001 Marseille, France.
4.2 out of 5
Price per night:
This modern all-apartment hotel in a modest structure is a 5-minute walk from Castellane metro station, 2.4 km from Marseille Chanot Exhibition and conference center, and 2.7 km from Vieux Port, the city’s ancient 6th-century port. The wonderful hotel is close to the Arsenal neighborhood, which includes the Cours d’Estienne d’Orves, café terraces, and the Théâtre de la Criée, the heart of the Mediterranean capital. The cozy and comfortable yet self-catered rooms are the highlight and are one of the guest’s favorite hotels. All of the amenities and comfort are at very reasonable prices, which is definitely the best part of this hotel.
- In Marseille, the Citadines offer self-catering apartments. Each unit comes with a fully equipped kitchen and complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Air conditioning, contemporary furnishings, and access to a sun porch with city views are all included in upgraded units.
- Simple yet attractive decor characterizes the studio and one-bedroom units.
- Each unit at the Citadines includes a nice seating area as well as a television. Microwaves, refrigerators, and electric stovetops are all included in each kitchen.
- You can visit the Prado beaches for your dose of water views in Marseille, which are only a 10-minute drive from the Citadines Aparthotel Marseille Castellane.
- In the mornings, you can enjoy a delicious breakfast on the terrace.
60 Rue du Rouet, Castellane et Préfecture, 13006 Marseille, France.
4.1 out of 5
Price per night:
Hotel Carré Vieux Port
This family-run hotel is one block from the Vieux Port and one kilometer from both the neo-Byzantine Cathédrale La Major and the history museum. The Hôtel Carré Vieux Port lies in the heart of Marseille, the Château d’If. La Canebière is 25 metres away, while the Marseille Opera is just 200 metres away. This Marseille hotel is a beautiful three-star place that ensures that you get the quality services to have an exceptional stay with family, friends, or couples. You can get a personalized, friendly, and happy welcome, as well as a 24-hour lobby and updated and comfortable rooms at reasonable prices. This lovely hotel in Marseille Vieux-Port provides stays that are tailored to your specific needs.
- It provides stylish air-conditioned rooms with a smart TV with satellite channels and complimentary WiFi.
- Each of the guest rooms at the Carré Vieux Port is soundproofed and equipped with tea and coffee making facilities. They all have a bathtub or shower in the bathroom.
- Every morning, a buffet breakfast is given in the dining area or in the privacy of your room, whatever you like.
- Also, they provide boat trip cruises for a nominal fee.
- The hotel’s reception and bar are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
6, Rue Beauvau, 13001 Marseille, France.
4.1 out of 5
Price per night:
About our budget hotel recommendations in Marseille
We are a travel research company. Our team helps you discover the best cheap hotels in Marseille by researching the internet for you. We have also visited some of these places. Hence, it’s not just our opinion, it’s the opinion of thousands of travelers who have been there before you. We make it easy for you to find out about the best budget hotels in the city.
Please note, we only list hotels that have an aggregated guest review rating of at least 4.0 out of 5. We aggregate all reviews from different booking sites and other unbiased review websites. Any hotel listed here should have a price of $100 or less per night. Hence, you can be certain all hotels listed above offer you a great and affordable stay in Marseille.
Lowest price guarantee
We partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com. Both booking websites offer the lowest price guarantee, so you can be certain you will always get the best deal for the hotels above. If you have seen a better price elsewhere, all you need to do is contact the booking website, and they will refund you the difference immediately. You can price match right up until the day before check-in.
We also recommend you read our guide about how to save money on hotel bookings. It’s a list of tips about when you should book a hotel, what tools you can use, and other things you can do to find your preferred hotel at an affordable price.
Top 3 budget hotels in Marseille
Let’s summarize this affordable travel guide. Based on thousands of guest reviews, these are the best budget hotels in Marseille:
More Marseille guides
Get to know the city even better by reading our other articles about Marseille: